Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hump Day Havoc #1: Politikus

Inspired by the recommendation of Nikki Madigan and support from Jess Alexander, this week's Hump Day Havoc is a series of Haikus inspired by Tuesday's elections.  I hope you enjoy. :)

1.
Oh Why? Oh come on!
Just tell us now Ohio
We all know you're blue

2.
Florida, come on
Your lines are wrapped 'round the block
Peeps' legs are muy sore

3.
Obama is blue
The country a violet hue
Mitt Romney is red

4.
Legalize some love
Washington, Maryland, and
Main- Y'all warm my heart!

5.
4:20 all day
Washington, not Oregon
Colorado too

6.
No more stupid ads!
No more lies, deceits, and poop
on my TV screen

7.
What's this pile of crap?
It smells of Mitt and Barack
Ewe, politipoop

8.
"Daddy, I want it
I want that big white house NOW!"
-Veruca Romney

9.
I got my vote on
It felt so, so, so, so good
Yay, democracy!

10.
Swing states are stupid
What about the rest of us?
Come recruit my vote!

11.
I vote for Big Bird
Big Bird for president! Wait-
I mean Obama

12.
¡Viva Obama!
Yo quiero Taco Bell
Yo, is this racist?

13.
Suits and ties and pins
Barney would be, oh, so proud
A slim-fit Bromance

14.
Paul Ryan can run,
but Joe Biden gives good gropes
Hence, Obama's win

15.
One time I was asked
"What's electoral college?"
My answer was wrong.

16.
What was my answer?
"The right to choose your college."
Like, where you study...

17.
Where was I asked this?
On my ACT. But I
still got a good score!

18.
Yo, Puerto Rico!
Wanna be state Fifty-One?
Let's find you a star!

19.
Elephant and ass
Wait, what is the animal
For the Green Party?

20.
These politikus
Are such fun for me to write
Great call Nikki M.


Please post in the comment section below ideas for future Hump Day Havocs. 
I've got 4 recommendations, but I need more!!!  Get crazy and give me a good challenge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment