Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hump Day Havoc: The Revival

The thing I hoped most would not come true has come true- I didn't hold true to my word.  I have officially spent over a week without writing or posting a single entry.  For shame... for shame!

Thank you to my awesome sister, Issa, for holding me accountable and taking investment in my project.  Today I vow to get back on my horse and keep this blog truckin'.  If ever you see me go more than a couple days without an entry- please feel free to bug me about it.  I made this public so I could be held accountable for my goals and follow through to the end.

So today, for my third (and should be my fourth) Hump Day Havoc, I apologize.  To anyone who has been following the blog, to myself for not following through, and to my creativity for letting it fall into the background of importance.

Is it coincidental that the same day I stopped writing was the day we brought a TV into the house?  By no means am I blaming the TV, because it takes me pressing the Power button, picking up the remote and a bowl of Cheetohs, and successfully zoning out for 3 hours watching He-Man to successfully divert me from writing.  However, it is a reminder to me of the many distractions that step into my life and try and pull me from focusing on a task at hand, an end goal, and a project I care deeply about.

It is good for me to avoid the TV anyway.  When you watch TV your hands are free to shove beer and snack down your throat and make your brain go numb.  When I'm writing my hands are busy and my brain is kicking itself in the butt trying to figure out what the next word is it should poop out.  (Writing is a very intricate process as you can tell)

So, Happy Hump Day Havoc, thanks Issa- I love you, and I'll see you all with a fictional piece in the morning.

All my lurve!
-Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment